Thursday, September 30, 2010

A purse and a finish

First of all .. I know you may be sick of seeing the christmas tree placemats, especially since it is only September. But, they are finally finished!! So I will show one to you for the last time. I have a couple of other things in the works for my partner too, which I will show a peek of later.

P9291259

I am pretty happy with them. I really hope my swap partner loves them too!

P9291260

I also finished a bag or purse ... not sure what to call it actually. I don't think I would use this as a purse, probably more in addition to my purse when I had lots of stuff to carry!! I am really happy with how it turned out!

I learned a new technique for this bag. I put in grommets for the first time, and let me tell you, punching holes right in the middle of the fabric you just spent time sewing together is mighty scary. I put on leather handles that can be removed and put to another bag. Or at least that's how the lady at the store convinced me to buy handles that were ridiculously expensive!!

If I were going to make another one for someone else, I would have to come up with a different solution for the handles. They cost more than the material. That seems a bit crazy doesn't it?

Well ... I am off to sew : )

3 comments:

  1. they are so cute, well done, the quilting is so simple, it really sets them off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will show us your new bag!
    Gill
    PS I love the trees

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your christmas trees8 I have a giveaway on my blog, you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete