Sunday, September 19, 2010

More progress ...

I have been working on odds and ends today, and have made a little more progress on the placemats for my savy seasons partner. I had someone ask about how I made the trees, and I will try my best to do a little tutorial soon. I just didn't really take any pictures when I was doing them, so it may take me a few days. That being said, I should give credit where credit is due!! I did use the idea from the little forest quilt over at the purl bee (although my sizes are a little different, it's the exact same concept so they deserve the credit!).

Getting there ....

At this point I can't decide what fabric to use for the back. At first, I was going to use a fun Christmas fabric, but now I am leaning towards more of the Essex Linen that I used on the front. I am going to sleep on it for a few days. The deciding factor may end up being if I have enough of the Essex Linen for the backs of 4 placemats.

I also worked a little on a "mini" Christmas tree skirt. I got this tutorial over at the Moda bakeshop. It ended up a lot bigger than I thought it would, but hopefully it will still work. I am having sooo much fun making these Christmas items for my partner.

P9181235

I would love to give a HUGE thank you to Ruth at Sew Love Fabrics, and also Rachel at Stiched in Color, where I won this awesome 1/2 yard bundle of Christmas fabrics.

P9161233

See you soon ...

2 comments:

  1. No need to trouble yourself over a tutorial - I'll use the one at purlbee. So adorable, and I've got tons of scraps that are perfect for this.

    Lucky you, to win that stack o' fabric! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely trees, You also could use them for christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete