Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome to 2011

The start of a brand new year ... love it! Time to start new lists and come up with some goals. I don't exactly make resolutions, but I do like to think where I want to be this time next year, so I suppose that's similar??

For this year, my goals include:

- finishing up more of my works in progress
- start using more of my stash fabrics
- continue to be healthy (eating and exercise); generally I am pretty good, but we can all be better right??

I think that's it for now ... we will see where we are this time next year : )

Anyway - I have been in Ottawa the last few days, and we had a grand time. Lots of time spent in hockey rinks, but we did have time to visit the Parliament buildings.

PC291477

PC291482

PC291485

We got home last night, but I have been hard at work on my quilt a long in between loads of laundry! Here are a few pictures of my progress.

Progress on quilt a long

Progress on quilt a long

You will have to excuse the mess in the background. We haven't taken the tree down yet as sewing was more important, and this is the only spot that was big enough to lay out the whole quilt. Hahahaha!

Well - here's to a great 2011!!

4 comments:

  1. I love the architectural design in old buildings as it's really inspiring. Love the colours and pattern of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your lattice quilt! What a great use for those gorgeous fabrics. And your goals for 2011 look quite a bit like mine. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt, the pattern and colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilt Val! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete