Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A last minute gift, and the realization that minkee is messy

I decided earlier this month that I wasn't going to sew a ton of Christmas gifts this year. BUT, a couple of days ago I saw a really cute dress. I would love to give credit for where I saw this really cute dress ... but of course now I can't find it : (

Anyway ... it was from a pattern made over here.

Of course, one thing led to another, and the next thing you know, I had purchased a pdf pattern! I have a neice who is 1 and a half, and I thought this would be so super cute on her.

I started this last night, and to be honest it sewed up really fast. I used a 21 wale courdorouy for the outside, and a minkee type fleece for the inside. I had no idea how messy (aka evil) that minkee would be. I am literally covered from head to toe right now with white fuzz. So is the outside of the vest! I took pictures so you could see what I mean.

PC221472

PC221473


I am about to throw it in the wash to get rid of the fuzz ...

Now that I have been sidetracked, and have successfully completed the project, I am going back to the quilt a long : )

2 comments:

  1. That's funny because I made two velveteen dresses for my daughters and I shook one and got covered head to toe in turquoise fuzz. You did a nice job! My daughter is one and a half also and I think this would be really cute on someone her age!

    ReplyDelete