Monday, November 1, 2010

NaBloPoMo

So are you game?? NaBloPoMo - or in other words, National Blog Posting Month??

I heard about it on Kerri Lynn's Blog "Freckled Whimsy". I don't know if I have that much to say. And I know that I won't be able to blog every day this month. I am leaving Friday for an away hockey tournament for my son. But, nonetheless, I am going to try and blog a little more than I have over the last little bit.

I will start by showing a partial finish, and a start that I didn't mean to make.

You know that I have been enjoying my swaps lately. So, I will tell you that I have two more on the go. For the mug rug swap, my partner didn't post a mosaic, but she did provide some ideas. She said that she liked bright colours. I thought about a lattice type mug rug. I looked through my stash, and picked these fabrics:

mug rug fabrics?? will make at least a trial with these : )

You will notice that I had cut up some squares?? WELL .. this is where the "start" that I didn't mean to make comes in. Apparently I don't know how to calculate things very well ... and didn't take into account that it takes four squares to make one block. I figured out my final size based on 1 square, not 4 - so my final result is 4 times the size it was suppossed to be:

PB011370

Maybe I can use this as a pillow instead!

So then, I made the right size ... and here is a little mug rug - front and back, obviously not finished. I still have to put some side borders on the front.

PB011371

Maybe if I can think of something to say tomorrow ... you will see me again : )

No comments:

Post a Comment