Friday, October 29, 2010

hemming a pair of jeans near killed me ....

My husband asked me really nicely if I would hem a pair of jeans for him. I said sure, I should be able to do that!

I think he asked me 3 weeks ago, and for some reason I was scared (it may have had something to do with the last time I tried to hem a pair of jeans).
Anyway, about 3 days ago, I started by measuring the length, then I cut carefully, ironed and pinned again .. then the adventure began.
To make a long story short, I broke 3 needles, ripped it out about 4 times and let them sit for 3 days before I defeated them! I have successfully hemmed, and I hope I never hem again.

Now, on to something better ... I received my Savvy Seasons Swap Present!!!

I went to the post office to pick up the mail ... and low and behold there was a package for me!!! A package that looked suspiciously like something that may be a handmade item??? I thought to myself ... could it be?????

To be honest, I could barely contain myself ... I wanted to rip open the package in the parking lot with my teeth. It was a probably a good thing that there was sooo much tape on it!! It made me race home and frantically take pictures before destroying the package. I used brute strength, and some teeth, and then finally grabbed some scissors to wrestle the package open. I paused briefly to take a picture of a great ornament and wrapping job.

awww ... look how nice it's wrapped!!

I read the note quickly, because my mom always told me that it was rude if you ripped the wrapping off first, then I tore off the wrapping paper like a 3 year old (little bits may have been flying into the air).

There were some giggles, some girly hand clapping, and even a little squeek, when I saw what was inside.

LOOK AT MY PLACEMATS!!!! (look - don't touch : ) they are all mine)


I am super pleased with everything, and want to send out a huge THANKS to my swap partner!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment