Thursday, November 4, 2010

potholders

I received my potholders today in the potholder pass!!

Fronts

backs

AND there are two cute little hexie ornaments too.

Aren't they great?? The craziest thing is, I had the same partner in this swap as I did in the Savvy Seasons Swap!!! Two totally different swaps, organized by different people = with tons of participants, AND she got me twice. huh.

Anyway, I am thrilled because I think they are just fab!

I also worked a little more on my scrappy mug rug swap. I made another front (modified cathedral windows from a tutorial over at Spotted stones). I am really happy with the front - but the quilting I did on the front looks weird on the back because I clearly need a lesson in lining things up!

PB031374

PB031375

Ignore the binding that I haven't sewn down yet : )

Anyway - I tried picking out the quilting - but it just left very visable holes in the fabric (I know they were tiny - but you could totally see them) ... so I just left it. I am not sure if I may just keep this one for myself with all its faults - and make another one just like it.

Alright - I am off for a full hockey weekend!! Talk to you next week.

1 comment:

  1. The mug rug is adorable. I don't even know how you would line up the back with the cathedral pattern--huh. Sorry I am not much of assistance to you.

    ReplyDelete