Thursday, January 14, 2010

Single Girl Quilt

I am working on the Single Girl quilt (Denyse Schmidt designed it). I loved it so much when I first saw it, so I thought I would give it a go. Here is the pattern:



And here is piles of pattern pieces that I am trying really hard to keep organized:

P1140472

And here are some finished partial circles:

P1140471

I have to say, I am mainly using the fabrics from Denyse Schmidt's Jump Rope collection, which is what she used in the version on the front of the pattern ... but, I have also thrown in a couple of other fun fabrics. I always like sticking to the design for the first quilt, and then venture out on my own if I make another.

I will make sure that I keep you up to date on this one. I don't know how some people finish up quilts in a day, and others have fun, beautiful projects that they finish every day. Perhaps I am slow, perhaps I need more time in a day (who doesn't??) .. perhaps I will never know.

Do you find that whatever you are working on for the moment is absolutely your most favorite thing ever? I sure do. Once I am done, it's not that I don't still love it, but rather I fall completely in love with whatever the next thing is that I am working on. Anyway - this is my most favorite thing right now.

I am back to quilt some more, so see you another day.

Val

No comments:

Post a Comment