Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cross one off the Works in Progress list!!

A couple of days ago, I decided that I had too many projects on the go, and too many more that I wanted to make. I wasn't really sure how many that actually meant until I started a list. YIKES! I probably left a few off the list, but lets just say that the list is h.u.g.e.

I am proud to say to you that I have officially crossed the first thing off the list.

I'll start by telling you that I really love this store called M0851, and in particular, I really want this bag. The problem is, I can't handle the price tag ....

So, I decided I would try and make a bag that was similar. Not an exact copy of course, cause that wouldn't be very nice .. but similar. I actually even bought some leather to give it a go! This is way outside my comfort zone, but I am still think I am going to give it a try.

That being said, I wasn't really sure how to go about doing that. I started by looking at a couple of patterns that I already had, and I made a pattern, and then a sample bag. The sample bag was one of the many on that huge list, and I finished it up today!

Sample bag

Inside of sample bag

It's not perfect, and I am not sure I am ready to make the "real" one yet ... but it's at least one off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment